Archived News: Upcoming Training Activities
Longwood's Autism Spectrum Disorders Summer Institute, July 24-25, 2013, Farmville
Longwood’s AUTISM Spectrum Disorders Summer Institute
July 24th & 25th
@ Longwood University’s, Dorrill Building
10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
What to Expect:
The Autism Spectrum Disorders Summer Institute offers an opportunity to provide high quality professional development to a wide spectrum of professionals, such as general and special education teachers, guidance counselors, school psychologists, SLPs, OTs, instructional assistants, administrators and parents who impact the lives of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). As a part of this high quality professional development opportunity attendees completing the two-day institute will earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) which can be used toward the licensure recertification.
• Setting up Structured Teaching Classroom for Students with ASD: A TEACCH Model Approach, Erin Bland from Piedmont Regional Education Program.
• Forum for Issues and Concerns of Support Groups for Parents with ASD, a panel discussion by parents Dr. Wayne White, interim Dean of Education, Longwood University
• Creating a Supportive Environment in the Home and Community for Individuals with ASD, a hands-on workshop, Longwood Autism Certificate Program Internship Students
• Sensory Integration Disorders and Interventions for Individuals with ASD, Taryn Goodwin from Virginia Autism Center for Excellence at VCU
• Consideration of Low and High Tech Assistive Technology for Enhancing Communication and Daily life Function for Individuals with ASD Mona Pruett, AT/ACC and ASD Specialist of Training and Technical develop Center of the VDOE at VCU.
For One Day: $75.00
For Two Days: $150.00
Cost includes lunch and registration fee.
Checks should be made payable to Longwood University and sent to the below address:
Longwood University Office of Cashiering, 201 High St., Farmville, VA 23909