Feedback on the VCU-ACE Paraprofessional Course
At VCU-ACE, we continually evaluate the courses we offer in order to improve the content and experience for participants. The online course for paraprofessionals, Autism Spectrum Disorder for Paraprofessionals: Providing Effective Instruction and Supports, has received many accolades from those who have taken the course. For more information on this course, please see the course details page.
Paraprofessionals Training in Wise County
In August 2012, Wise County invited VCU-ACE to provide training to their paraprofessionals. The training provided paraprofessionals with information, opportunities to practice skills, and feedback on the skills they were learning.
Paraprofessionals from Wise County, VA who went through the Autism Spectrum Disorder for Paraprofessionals: Providing Effective Instruction and Supports training shared their feedback and experiences in the following video (YouTube, 10:18; Video transcripts: MS Word | Plain text):
Paraprofessionals' Comments on the Online Course
- "I thought it was fabulous. I wish I had been able to take this 4 years ago, when I started this job! I really liked being able to see examples in action through the videos."
- "Very well thought out - the progression of content was great!"
- "It was very helpful to use the Activity Book-Think About It! Apply it! sections and really look at my student as the situations in the videos unfolded! The videos allowed me to see exactly how to implement strategies discussed in the lesson. Especially helpful was showing how the student may be expressing his needs/wants, and then how to apply what I've learned."
- "This was so complete. I did not even feel like I was learning. I'm just so glad to have had the opportunity to take this course. It was wonderful!"
- "...Well done and perfect for parents and educators alike exactly as is."
- "I thought it was great. I told my administrator about it and hope that you offer it again in the future. I would recommend it for anyone working with autistic children."
- "Thank you for a great course! I look forward to signing up for more and have recommended this to my child's school. Administration is considering having ALL para pros take this!"
- "Please continue these types of classes. HELPFUL, JUST SO HELPFUL."