- Connect to live 1-hour video presentations using your computer. Each webcast is captioned.
- You need an Internet connection and a browser with the Flash Player browser plug-in (test your system).
- Webcasts are free to Virginia residents.
- Registrants from outside of Virginia will be required to pay a fee for each individual webcast.
- Behavior Analysts (BCBAs®) or Assistant Behavior Analysts (BCaBAs®) may obtain 1.0 Type II continuing education credit for approved webcasts, indicated below with a registration link under BCBA® / BCaBA® Registration. In order to receive Type II credits, the participant will be required to watch the entire webcast and answer questions provided. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with further information. Additional fees apply when obtaining Type II continuing education credits.
- Each webcast takes place on the specified day at 3:30pm E.T.
- An archive of the webcast will be available to all subscribers.
- All webcasts are followed by 30 minute chatroom sessions with the presenter, or opportunities to ask the presenter questions via a web board.
- Tech support is available by phone and e-mail. For questions now, contact Andy Grizzard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)827-1434.
- Register for the entire webcast series or select individual webcasts below. If you are a Behavior Analyst® or Assistant Behavior Analyst® wanting Type II continuing education credits for participating, make sure you register individually for eligible webcasts only using the registration link under BCBA® / BCaBA® Registration.
August 12, 2014
3:30 - 4:30pm ET
|The Three T’s of Transition: Tools for the Transition Process||
BCBA® / BCaBA®
Important Note: A certificate of completion is available for individuals who participate in a webcast. Participants must view the entire webcast to receive the certificate.
Recertification for Teachers
Points for educators working towards licensure renewal (recertification) may be awarded for completion of 5 or more webcasts. VDOE provides the following requirements regarding professional development activities:
Point value: one point per clock/contact hour; must be a minimum of five hours per activity.
Any teacher who wants to use these items as a professional development activity for recertification needs prior approval of the school district. The school district will be responsible for designating the actual number of points that a teacher can earn for participating in the webcast.
Recertification for Behavior Analysts (BCBA®) and Assistant Behavior Analysts (BCaBA®)
For Behavior Analysts® or Assistant Behavior Analysts® seeking Type II credits: Continuing education (CE) credits for individuals working towards recertification may be awarded 1.0 Type II CE for each eligible webcast.
1 hour webcast = 1.0 Type II CE credit
Please note: Recertification requires that you obtain necessary continuing education for your certification. The amount of continuing education credits required and acceptable types of continuing education credits are set forth by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® Please visit their website for more information and current requirements.
For more information or questions, please contact:
Taryn Goodwin, Approved Continuing Education Coordinator