Northern Neck Regional Program
Autism Services Intervention Team
Northern Neck Regional Program Autism Services Improvement Team.
From left: Angie Payne, Janie Peyton, Jamie Blake, Noel Woolard, Nancy Jewell, Nancy Holzshu
Students from Ashley Gibaud's classroom with ACE team members Noel Woolard (left) and Dawn Hendricks (right). Ms. Gibaud is the Lancaster/NNRSEP ACE division coach.
Mrs. Lynnie McCrobie, Director of Community Options with Middle Penninsula Community Services Board, assists two students practicing a social exchange during the after school social skills club held at Lancaster Primary School.
Northumberland Elementary School teacher, Cindy English prepares for an upcoming Professional Learning Community (PLC) meeting
Map of the Northern Neck
In other words: getting it right the first time - every time.
- Children with ASD are entitled to general education opportunities.
- Shared responsibility/collaboration among students, parents, school district, and the community has a direct effect on the quality of the educational experience of each student.
- Parents, staff, and community should have access to resources that will increase advocacy and awareness.
- Educational opportunities will lead to meaningful, productive post graduate opportunities.
- Early identification will increase positive outcomes.
- A strong commitment to continuous improvement is essential to achieving our mission.
NNRSEP will work with the community to
establish Parent Resource Centers.
Counties within the NNRSEP will implement
a social skills program for targeted students with ASD utilizing division
selected curriculum that incorporate evidence based practices.
NNRSEP will establish and implement protocols for
early identification in all four divisions by the students' Kindergarten year to
include an Autism Screening Tool.
All NNRSEP preschool students with ASD will have
an established individualized, functional communication system upon entering
Kindergarten and will be re-evaluated annually to ensure that it is being
implemented with fidelity.
Schools within NNRSEP divisions will provide
increased access to the general education curriculum with the support of core
EBPs for students with ASD as appropriate for that individual student as measured
by an inclusion readiness checklist.
NNRSEP preschool teachers after receiving training in the VB MAPP from ACE technical assistant Steven Celmer
Northumberland Elementary School PLC team leads: Christine Downey, Jamie Blake, Cindy English, Nancy Jewell, and Anna Brennon